Monday, February 4, 2008

Michael Vick's Dog's Rehabilitation

The story of Michael Vick and his dog-fighting racket has weighed heavily on my heart since I first heard about it. I think it is one of the most disgusting and vile things I've ever heard of. I only wish they would have sentenced him to life in prison. But, the saddest part of all was that so much pain was inflicted on innocent animals. So, my heart was warmed reading this NY Times article today, that talks about how all but one of the dog's recovered during the raid on Vick's place have been given a second chance and are being rehabilitated in sactuaries (paid for by Vick). If this issue bothered you as much as it did me, you will appreciate reading this: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/02/sports/football/02vickdogs.html?pagewanted=1&th&emc=th

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrible, Terrible. Vick should have his face chewed off! :) Sarah, add the Humane Society website to your blog so everyone can get involved in ending animal cruelty. They update you with info and contact info for politicians in your district so we can bring awareness to the problem and tougher laws. *this is the 2nd comment that I added, not sure what happened to the 1st comment*